Thursday, January 27, 2011

Adsense and Amazon Associates on the same page.

There was a lot of debate about this topic over at google's forums.  Half the people said it couldn't be done and the other half said "Don't risk it". 

Well I thought about this quite a bit.  Basically, the conclusion I came up with is: It's perfectly fine, and I know why, and I can prove it.

It's fine because the cookies get passed back to Google or Amazon on a per click basis.  That means if you click the amazon link you pass the amazon cookie.  It's built into the link right? Right.

Second reason I reasoned it would be OK, is because the crawlers don't read the ads, they've been told not to by default by our Google overlords
And the proof?  I offer this post, and I'll insert a live amazon link. If you can read this and see the google adsense ad on the right and the amazon omikase link below, you can compare what they are suggesting to you.



1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a solid contextual ad network, I recommend you try Propeller Ads.

    ReplyDelete